Mount Consulting, a business consulting firm, providing strategic Finance, Risk, Data Management and Architecture advisory services. We are a young and dynamic company with the ambition to grow to a sizable market leader in a short period. That’s why we are looking for talented and ambitious colleagues.
What sets us apart
Mount Consulting is primarily an entrepreneurial firm that is not focused on hierarchical structure and conventional standards. We provide an alternative to the common idea of consultancy, by providing an environment where you can be a part of the important discussions and express your mind freely from day one. The absence of a hierarchical structure provides the space for seniors and juniors to work together, leading to a steep learning curve with plenty of support on your way to becoming the next generation of management consultants in the financial industry.
We provide services based on the following values:
- Focus: we only work in the CFO and CRO domains and we focus on strategy, transformations, governance, and architecture.
- Experience: we know the financial services industry. Our work is based on detailed knowledge of the ecosystems which our clients have.
- Client intimacy: we know and value our clients. We propose the right resources to get the best results.
We are looking for
An entrepreneurial and highly motivated intern. We work for all the major (and minor) players in the Dutch financial industry on strategy and transformation projects, tailored to the finance and risk domains. As said, our work is based on detailed knowledge of our clients’ ecosystems. That is why we should stay on top of the market trends and developments that impact the performance of the finance and risk management function.
As an Intern, you will be involved in a variety of internal activities with a focus on providing insights into domain-specific topics by conducting research.
Since in recent years the topic of Climate Risk has become prominent, we are growing experience in this field. We are looking for someone to conduct Climate Risk-related research and analysis in the financial services industry. The goal of this research is two-fold:
- To enrich Mount’s knowledge base on Climate Risk, which would help us provide valuable advice to our clients.
- To understand current developments and future tendencies in the financial services industry.
To give a better idea of what your climate risk-related research topic will entail, we provide an example of relevant research:
- Incorporating Climate risks in business models and supervisory frameworks
Risk managers are observing newly emerging risk types that can be defined by an overarching term – climate risk. Not only risk managers, but also supervisors are extending their supervision towards these risk types. This type of risk is expected to have effect on pricing, risk management processes, capital requirements and financial product development. But how can such risks be captured and accounted for? What are the data-related challenges that financial market participants face when incorporating these risks in their value chain? How are supervisors developing the capital requirements frameworks to incorporate these risks?
How we will support you
We will accommodate you with our expertise as well as our network. We provide you the opportunity to present the outcome of your study to our clients i.e., during one of our Round Table events.
While research will be a considerable part of your day, you will also participate in other internal activities and thus gain a feeling of what it is like to work as a starting consultant. You can expect to participate in discussions about ongoing projects, help to fulfil internal and project-related tasks and gain practical knowledge about consultancy through our company’s trainings. Our versatile environment will give you a head start in gaining experience and keeping the job interesting.
Are you ready to join us?
- Are you entrepreneurial and ready to make your mark on Mount?
- Do you have the confidence and energy to challenge our clients and yourself?
- Did you finish or are graduating soon from a relevant study, e.g., BSc or MSc in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Strategic Management or equivalent?
- Are you able to express yourself fluently in English and do you have a basic understanding of Dutch language?
Then we are off to a good start!
We will offer you
First and foremost, a people centric organization. Our attention to you and the quality of our work is our prime directive. We will offer you:
- Standard Internship allowance of €500;
- A supervisor to coach and guide you through your responsibilities;
- Network in the consulting and within financial services industry;
- Potential fast track to being hired as a consultant given satisfactory results through the internship;
- Full experience of the life of a consultant, on and off the job;
- Flexibility to occasionally work from home.
Interested? Come and show us what you are made of!